- Retail & luxury portfolio
- PR, Social & Influencer agency
An independent creatively led PR agency with a strong focus on marketing, content creation, influencer programs, talent negotiations, sponsorship services, events, social media and content creation now seeks an established Public Relations Account Director to join their expanding team.
Supporting the Managing Director, you will oversee a team of enthusiastic juniors and working across various national PR and social media events. This exciting opportunity is suitable for a PR Account Director with at least 6-7 years experience, that has an interest in working on retail and luxury client accounts, forecasting/planning and driving this award-winning business forward!
The PR Account Director (Social) is a critical hire within this PR agency. They will set an example within the wider team and be a key point of contact for senior stakeholders. Attitude is key!
- Support the Managing Director, overseeing and mentoring a team of junior staff (8-10+)
- Agency operations, budget and forecasting
- New business development
- Develop and implement key media strategies for existing clients (fashion, lux, retail)
- Write, develop and distribute media releases to national/suburban/regional (on and offline) channels
- Issues/crisis management/planning
- Proactively seek media opportunities to support your clients’ campaigns and manage these media relationships
- Reporting media activities to clients (pre and post-campaign)
- Oversee the development of client social media and content
- Oversee the development of client media messaging
- Oversee the development of national media campaign launches and press conferences
- Live in Melbourne and have full working rights!
- Previous experience working in a PR agency role, in a senior leadership role, is required
- Previous experience with fashion, luxury, retail or lifestyle clients is ideal
- Relevant tertiary degree in communications, marketing or public relations is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of the Australian PR landscape is required
- Have high attention to detail
- Describe yourself as an exceptional communicator (oral and written)
- Are a confident presenter
- Have excellent time management skills
- Describe yourself as creative, collaborative and supportive of others
- Sponsorship is not available for this role