- National Marketing Agency
- Retail & FMCG
Specialising in experiential, field and activations and shopper, this national marketing agency now seeks an experienced marketing talent who can drive and expand their Melbourne office.
As the successful Group Account Director (or newly appointed Senior Account Director), your role will be to manage and lead a small team (5-7+) of enthusiastic, hard-working account service team members. You’re well versed in agency processes, shopper and experiential marketing, POS, activations and have worked with big budgets, big brands, C-Suite level decision-makers and within tight client deadlines!
If you have a strong background in executing sampling campaigns, possess financial acumen and are dedicated to delivering best in class activities to your clients – even better!
This role requires a marketing talent who thrives on new business development and can connect with people and clients quickly. You possess a strong network of brand marketers in the FMCG and retail space.
- Support the General Manager and work with senior-level stakeholders
- Plan and implement various operation policies and standards within the business
- Lead and mentor a small team of account service team members
- Develop and strengthen new (and existing) client relationships
- New and organic business development (25%)
- Ensure your team is meeting budgeted targets
- Assist and build a healthy and proactive culture within the business
- Manage supplier and ambassador payment approvals with the relevant divisions within the group
- Plan and develop business strategies to grow market share within new and existing clients
- Ensure the account service team is delivering campaigns effectively, on time and on budget
- Describe yourself as a marketing expert, in particular across activations or experiential marketing
- Have at least 8-10+ years (recent) experience working within an agency environment
- Currently work within a marketing agency role
- Have strong leadership skills and can motivate and influence team members to build company culture
- Have working knowledge of the industry, across BTL or experiential disciplines
- Describe yourself as a strategic thinker with a strong history in FMCG/ retail
- Proven ability to grow accounts and identify new business opportunities
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills and can respond promptly to changing situations
- Have proven experience working in an agency environment
- Are living in Australia